The weekend talks are being led by the two senators’ chiefs of staff — David Krone for Reid, and Sharron Soderstrom for McConnell — communicating largely over the phone and by e-mail.
Maybe they should consider bringing in a crew of third graders to pass their notes back and forth while the teacher isn’t looking? This is not how to get things done. Get everybody together at one table. Take away the smartphones. Bring snacks and a mutually respected mediator or two.
Okay. That’s enough on the fiscal cliff. From here out, it’s animal pictures until we have a deal. Then maybe a post on why the deal is stupid.
- waxeygordon likes this
- marysdottir likes this
- blissandzen likes this
- berezina likes this
- anotherword likes this
- painting--flowers likes this
- alice44 likes this
- joshuajabbour said: Everything is pointless until the Republicans decide to do anything. Gah.
- climateadaptation said: #fail
- climateadaptation likes this
- fabulouslyfreespirited likes this
- baileyeverywhere likes this
- transparentcommunity likes this
- squashed posted this